Forms and Handouts

Listed below are several commonly used forms  and handouts that are available electronically or as hard copies in the Dept. of Biological Sciences and the University of Pittsburgh as indicated below. Click on the highlighted links to access electronic versions of forms.

Quick Links

Allied Health Course Info
Departmental Honors
Bio Dept Major Progress Trackers
Research, Internship, and Undergrad TA enrollment forms
Transfer Course Evaluation forms
University of Pittsburgh (Student Records) Forms

Pre-Physician Assistant & Allied Health Course Information

If you need a professional school requirement options (A&P, Microbiology, and Medical Terminology) we recommend you review the options on this handout. Contact the Biological Sciences Advisors with any questions.

Departmental Honors

Students with a minimum 3.250 GPA and an established research project can apply in their sophomore spring term or junior fall term to the Department Honors program. Return completed application to Langley 215.

     Requirements   Application   

Major Progress Trackers can be found here


Research, Internship, & Teaching Assistant (TA) Forms can be found here

Forms are due by the end of add/drop. 

The survey link to submit forms for Fall 2023 will become active in mid-March. If you want to register for Summer 2023 research or UTA credits, please email the appropriate form to As a friendly reminder, there is part-time tuition that is charged for any credits earned during the summer. Talk to a biology advisor about options that exist to help reduce summer costs!

***You must have all signatures or initials on the submitted form to be enrolled.

***If you are doing multiple experiences (for example, UTA and research), you must submit separate surveys for each.

***The enrollment process is done manually, so this course will not immediately appear in your PeopleSoft schedule. You will receive an email that will have more information about when you can expect to see it on your class schedule.

Please contact with questions about enrolling for experiential learning.

Transfer Course Evaluations

Review steps and supply all required material to request evaluation of biology related courses to count as BIOSC electives.

University of Pittsburgh Forms

Academic Plan (Major) Change Form – You can now change your major/minor/certificate through an online form.  The links to these online forms are available on this website (under Academic Advising Forms). Please note that the forms are not available year round.

Best Fit Request – use this form to change which General Education requirement you would like a class to fulfill.            

Cross Registration – students can enroll in courses at any of ten Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education (PCHE) colleges and universities at no additional cost to Pitt tuition. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits at Pitt in order to cross-register at a PCHE school. More info here

Course Repeat – use this form after completing a course repeat to ensure Pitt uses your most recent grade to calculate your GPA. Return completed form to

Final Exam Conflict – use if you have three finals on the same day. You can take this form to your professors and the Registrar’s office to have an exam moved. Return to G-2 Thackeray.

Grade Option/Audit Request – use to request a grade change after the add/drop period

Monitored Withdrawal Request – use to withdraw from a class after the add/drop period

Summer Course Approval Form - use to attend a summer course or special session at another accredited institution. Students will not receive credit for courses taken without advance approval.

Transcript Request – order mailed or electronic transcripts online or in G-3 Thackeray