Our selective PhD program, housed in the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh, is a cornerstone of the dynamic biological and biomedical research community in Pittsburgh. We offer graduate programs in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology as well as Ecology and Evolution. We are a tight-knit and supportive community of 60 PhD students and 35 world renowned faculty members.
You will receive:
- five years of guaranteed funding.
- access to top-notch laboratory facilities.
- a flexible curriculum that draws from multiple
- institutions across Pittsburgh.
- formal training in grant writing and science communication.
- opportunities for teaching experience and advanced pedagogical training.
- professional development resources to prepare you for careers both within and outside academia.
Pitt is consistently ranked among the top 10 universities in biomedical research funding from the National Institutes of Health and is ranked the top public university in the Northeast by The Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education.
For more information, visit us at biology.pitt.edu/graduate