Listed below are several commonly used forms and handouts that are available electronically or as hard copies in the Dept. of Biological Sciences and the University of Pittsburgh as indicated below. Click on the highlighted links to access electronic versions of forms.
Pre-Physician Assistant & Allied Health Course Information
– If you need a professional school requirement options (A&P, Microbiology, and Medical Terminology) we recommend you review the options on this handout. Contact the Biological Sciences Advisors with any questions.
– students can enroll in courses at any of ten Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education (PCHE) colleges and universities at no additional cost to Pitt tuition. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits at Pitt in order to cross-register at a PCHE school. Visit this link for guidelines on cross registering. The cross-registration form is available online or in 140 Thackeray.
– students with a minimum 3.25 GPA and an established research project can apply in their sophomore spring term or junior fall term to the Department Honors program. Return completed application to Langley A258.
– use as guideline to complete all coursework for the major
|Biological Sciences||Molecular Biology: Biochemistry|
|Ecology & Evolution||Molecular Biology: Cell & Developmental Biology|
Semester Planner – use to plan courses for all terms leading to graduation
Research, Internship, & Teaching Assistant (TA) Forms
(return completed forms to Langley A258 by the end of add/drop for that term)
BIOSC 1690 – use to TA a BIOSC course (must apply for BIOSC 0150 & 0160)
BIOSC 1901 – use to train in lab techniques, do literature research, or work w/ a professional in non-research aspect*
BIOSC 1903 internal – use to conduct lab research in the Dept. of Biological Sciences
BIOSC 1903 external – use to conduct lab research w/ a faculty member* who does not work in the Dept. of Biological Sciences
BIOSC 1904 internal – use to conduct honors lab research in the Dept. of Biological Sciences
BIOSC 1904 external – use to conduct honors lab research w/ a faculty member* who does not work in the Dept. of Biological Sciences
*requires a faculty co-sponsor from the Dept. of Biological Sciences. Bio. Sci. Advisors can assist w/ locating a co-sponsor.
Transfer Course Evaluations
- review handout and supply all required material to request evaluation of biology related courses to count as BIOSC electives.
University of Pittsburgh Forms
Academic Plan (Major) Change Form – use this form to add or change your major, minor, certificate, or school. Return completed form to 140 Thackeray.
Best Fit Request – use this form to change which General Education requirement you would like a class to fulfill. Return completed form to 140 Thackeray.
Course Repeat – use this form after completing a course repeat to ensure Pitt uses your most recent grade to calculate your GPA. Return completed form to 140 Thackeray.
Enrollment/Add/Drop – use this form if you cannot add/drop a class online. Return completed form to G-1 Thackeray
Final Exam Conflict – use if you have three finals on the same day. You can take this form to your professors and the Registrar’s office to have an exam moved. Return to G-2 Thackeray.
Summer Course Approval Form - use to attend a summer course or special session at another accredited institution. Students will not receive credit for courses taken without advance approval.
Transcript Request – order mailed or electronic transcripts online or in G-3 Thackeray
Forms Not Available Electronically (available in 140 Thackeray)
Grade Option/Audit Request – use to request a grade change after the add/drop period
Monitored Withdrawal Request – use to withdraw from a class after the add/drop period