DATE: Saturday, April 29, 2017
TIME: 5:30pm - Doors open
7:00pm - Recognition Ceremony
RSVP: online - deadline April 15
STUDENT SENIOR SURVEY: Take the 2017 Survey Here
SUGGESTED DRESS: Cap & gown or nice outfit - this is your photo memory, how do you want to look?
PLACE: Fitzgerald Field House
PARKING: Available in the OC Lot (across Allequippa Street from the Field House) for $5.
TIMELINE of BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES SENIOR RECOGNITION CEREMONY:
- 5:30-6:45 pm Meet & Greet - for students, families, faculty and staff.
- You don’t have to come for the whole thing but you can!
- Light Refreshments (Punch and Cookies)
- When you (students) arrive:
- Pick up your PINK NAME CARD.
- You must complete a SURVEY if you have not already, to get your NAMECARD.
- 6:45pm Graduates line up for procession.
- There is no assigned order; you can sit with your friends.
- Your pink name card will be used by the podium readers.
- If you need to leave early line up LAST. You will then cross the stage first.
- 7:00pm Procession begins.
- Graduates will be led to a separate seating area. (Your family should NOT hold a seat for you)
- Every grad will be called to the stage by name.
- 8:15pm ceremony should be completed
SEATING: Seating is not reserved. We want parents and close family to be “near the action,” especially to take photos of you onstage. Thus, we are asking your help and we offer the following guidelines:
- For large groups, please have only immediate family members sit in the lower level seats.
- We ask that the remainder of the group, especially younger attendees or more distant relatives, sit in the balcony.
- Please do not bring additional guests beyond the number you requested.
HANDICAP ACCESSIBILITY: We will hold accessible seating and parking for guests in wheelchairs or with limited mobility. Please let Jessica know at email@example.com if you would like accessible seating and/or parking.
FLOWERS FOR GRADUATES (OPTIONAL): Save the hassle of lugging your bouquet up the hill! You may pre-order flowers through Commencement Flowers. The bouquets will be ready for pick-up at the Senior Ceremony. Additonal flowers, t-shirts, and other gifts will be available to purchase at the ceremony.
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY (OPTIONAL): Photographers from Robert Cifone Photography will be taking indvidual photos of the graduates crossing the stage and also will be available before and after the ceremony for family photos.
SENIOR SURVEY: Complete online in April. Fill one out to let us know your future plans, your thoughts on the department, and to receive a class picture. You must fill out a survey to get a namecard (so your name can be read) at the recognition ceremony. There are 2 parts to the survey, you much complete BOTH. In the second part you must submit your full name or we can't verify that you've completed the survey. Take the 2017 Survey Here
SENIOR CLASS PICTURE: Photo takes less than 15 minutes. Please attend only once. Through the magic of photoshop the three pictures will become one! Contact Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can’t make any of the photo dates but want to be in the class photo.
TBA in Spring: Dates & Times
QUESTIONS: Christine at email@example.com or 412-624-4819
UNIVERSITY EVENT: For more information about the event at the Peterson Events Center on Sunday, April 30, 2017 check out:
DECEMBER DIETRICH SCHOOL OF ARTS & SCIENCES EVENT: http://www.asundergrad.pitt.edu/DecGrad